master start a JRE 7 even if the default JRE is 6

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed May 8 02:22:50 PDT 2013

On 05/06/2013 07:25 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> What is weird, is that my default Java is Java 6 and LO is configured to
> use Java 6. I have both OpenJDK 6 and OpenJDK 7 on my PC.

"LO is configured to use Java 6":  for building (i.e., as a switch in
your autogen.input) or at runtime (i.e., at "Tools - Options... -
LibreOffice - Advanced - Java options")?  The latter is preset via some
code that tries to find the "best" JRE on your machine, so could easily
pick a JRE 7 if you have installed both 6 and 7, even if you configured
your LO build to compile against a JDK 6.

> It seems that official builds (LO 4.0.3.3) does not start a JVM at
> launch time.

Can depend on what (bundled) extensions are included, for example.

Stephan