MAKE_RESTARTS interference with trap SIGINT

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed May 8 08:18:34 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:

> But why should make use SIGINT to restart itself (for me, it just does an
> exec), and, more importantly, how should the parent shell process be able to
> pick that up?

all I know is: with a trap SIGINT in the calling shell, when I call
make -sr it verify than Makfile is up-to-date and then ... stop
without the trap it works as intended.
Since my odd of getting a patch even reviewed by the gnu make
maintainer is apparently 0, I have not bothered digging further. I was
glad to finally figuring out why my script was not building anything
and a work-around to that...

Norbert