Killing the gerrit to dev-list spam ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu May 9 01:29:48 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 19:18 -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> > I fully agree with this sentiment -- the dev-list should be taylored to be
> > inviting to a wide audience of volunteer contributors and not only to those
> > hardcore contributors who are full-time sponsored developers.
> > So, is there anyone who is _not_ a sponsored developer opposing to kill the mail
> > spammage? If so:
>
> Speaking as a non-core dev, I would very much appreciate this change.

	Guys (not just you Robinson of course, Bjoern and others) - please lets
not have this nonsense division between sponsored or not. I know of
people who are not paid that contribute an incredible amount of work,
and I know of people who are full-time but somehow don't do any
significant amount of patch review via. gerrit or elsewhere at all.

	Lets have the discussion without this false and unhelpfully divisive
distinction. I strongly suggest that if we need to weigh anything in
this balance then the amount of time they spend, and the amount of
reviewing work they do is what counts - not how they feed themselves :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.