several reports of a problem with jpeg test in vcl

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon May 13 06:27:09 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-12 at 10:05 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Hey Caolan, *,
>
> so after we got several complains about test failure in vcl with the
> same file I looked at it with memcheck and can at least produce an
> output there. The test does not fail for me or at the tinderbox but we
> had now 3 independet people having problems with the same file on
> different systems.

Well, all we *really* care is that it doesn't crash, so one solution is
to move that test from pass to "indeterminate".

I'm not mad about that idea really as that's super yucky, but it's a
short term workaround. Do we have any idea what the trigger is for
failure for some people ?, e.g. libjpeg version, distro version or what
not ? I'd prefer to force such busted jpegs to fail universally if
there's a version of libjpeg out there which has a legitimate reason to
barf on them.

C.