several reports of a problem with jpeg test in vcl

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon May 13 07:03:26 PDT 2013

On 12/05/13 11:42, Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Probably one of my changes is the cause for this.
>
> One of the problems is that CVE-2004-0200-3.jpg is a semi corrupt file.
> Usually it can be read fine but doing any transform operations fails.
> For example jpegtrans fails for this file, GIMP does not open it,
> ImageMagick's convert does not work.
> From the memcheck I can see that libjpeg6 was used - maybe this is what
> triggers the problem as libjpeg8 is usually used today.

jpeg 6 is alive and well on Fedora - Fedora ships jpeg 6 and the
maintainer has publicly stated that packaging jpeg 8 will not happen:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/173253
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/173299

... and it doesn't crash here apparently.