Gbuild explanation

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Wed May 15 16:22:10 PDT 2013

Hello

I have a GNU make question, actually:

How this should be read ?
$(dir $(call gb_AutoInstallLibs_get_target,%)).dir :
	$(if $(wildcard $(dir $@)),,mkdir -p $(dir $@))

What I understand:
the $(call retrieves the variable content and pass the list of files in
the current module directory as arguments. The first one is kept (from
TargetLocations.mk, which says gb_AutoInstallLibs_get_target =
$(WORKDIR)/AutoInstallLibs/$(1) )
We append a ".dir" to be sur to have a filename to give to $(dir, which
will go up one level.
$@ will be the result of $(dir (something like $WORKDIR/AutoInstallLibs/ ?)
wildcard will test if the parent $WORKDIR exists, else we mkdir.

I know it seems silly to test $WORKDIR, so presumably I miss something in
the $(call part, but I don't see what.

Thanks for the input

Best regards
--