[GSoC] Enhanced database ranges, some clarification needed.

Akash Shetye shetyeakash at gmail.com
Fri May 17 10:00:09 PDT 2013

To Kohei,

Finally done with shifting from my college to my residence. Here is the
competency test I told you about, have worked with obsolete 4.0 branch.
It adds support for representing database range labels as ScDBDataLabel
objects and their subsequent data and label and total areas.

   - Every ScDBData object has its own vector of ScDBDataLabel objects
   called aLabels.
   - There is no GetLabelVector() like methos in ScDBData yet.
   - The hack adds another checkbox to the define database range dialog for
   ticking if the range has row headers.
   - Both row and column headers are represented by ScDBDataLabel only, you
   can use the bIsColHeader to distinguish them.
   - The methods of ScDBDataLabel are designed to allow getting various
   areas like its header string cell, it's data etc for use in the
   interpreting stage for references to #DATA, #TOTAL etc
   - You will find the code sloppy mixed around with irrelevant sal debugs,
   I have regretfully failed to give all my time to it.
   - The header file for ScDBDataLabel <http://pastebin.com/zfV0rw8r>
   - The cxx file for ScDBDataLabel <http://pastebin.com/dYBkq6Qd>
   - The diffs showing changes <http://pastebin.com/dYBkq6Qd>in ScDBData's
   constructor to use the bHasRH for the presence of row headers, changes at
   various places instantiating ScDBData and the code for populating the
   ScDBData aLabels vector in one of its constructors (one invoked by define
   range dialog)
   - The total row support is not in yet, it will be on similar lines as
   the row header addition.
   - Also changes made post defining the ranges do not reflect in vector
   since code for handling updates is not written yet.

I hope the interesting change meets you expectations. Do suggest changes
and more design inputs.

Thanks.