mdds broken

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.de
Tue May 21 18:08:31 PDT 2013

On 05/21/2013 05:17 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Building recent master, at least on Fedora 18 with --enable-dbgutil,
> fails in various tests due to problems in mdds headers, likely since
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=9785579ed0ec8e2e3e826c7e4cbbcaf51f8cb0d4>
> "Update mdds to 0.8.1."
So, the root cause of this had been there for some time, but the code
was never used in the libreoffice code until now.

I'll skip the details of the crash in the dbgutil build since I'm a bit
unsettled to touch that topic. Perhaps we can fancy talking that over
with a beer or two at the next conference.  I'll just say that it's one
of those C++ mysteries that I didn't know existed until today.

Anyway, this commit

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=4169a1264f8b491e80740c82bada9f6c34e4d26e

*should* fix it.  There were other uno api test breakages even after the
fix, though, but none of them looked related to the mdds problem.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc hacker, SUSE.