Polynomial and moving average regression lines for chart

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon May 27 17:56:54 PDT 2013

Hey Tomaž,

>> We can try to find someone doing the work in glade so that it would be
>> just adapting the code which I can quickly do if necessary.
>>
> The same code is used in 2 different dialogs - trend line for all data
> series and trend line for a particular data series. Also I have a feeling
> that if we convert this one dialog that we would need to convert the others
> also.  But anyway - this is not a priority for me now.
>

>> I will do but chart is a bit special. There should be no changes to
>> published interfaces in com/sun/star/chart and all changes should be
>> made to the unpublished ones in com/sun/star/chart2. This means in
>> your case that you must duplicate some of the exisiting enums into
>> chart2 and extend them there.
>>
> Ah I did not see that there are two interfaces. OK I will leave everything
> in com/sun/star/chart as it is.

Great. I know that it makes everything a bit more complex but we need
to move slowly to a pure chart2 interface to get rid of the old chart1
API.

>> As mentioned above com/sun/star/chart should not be changed even with
>> our relaxed requirements for API changes. All the changes for charts
>> should go into chart2 as the old chart API is stable, used outside of
>> LibO and on its way to become deprecated. However this also means to
>> adapt the corresponding import/export code as it surely uses the chart
>> API and not the new chart2 API for this feature.
>
> As far as I saw xlsx and xls are using chart2 API so no problem here, but
> "xmloff" is using the old chart API - this complicates things. :(

That is correct. But since you don't have any strange properties in
your case you can normally just replace the chart1 API with direct
calls to the object and work on the new object. If you need help there
I can have a look as I have done this recently for the error bars.

I also looked at the remaining code at it looks quite good and there
are only two additional comments right now. You have some formatting
changes that are maybe by accident like indenting old code after a
namespace declaration in res_Trendline.cxx. And as another point I saw
that you are using the MPL on AL header for your new files but the
code looks like it does not come from AOO/OOo. If you don't exactly
know what to do with the header please talk to Michael.

Except for these small issues it looks amazing and I'm looking forward
to see this feature in master.

Regards,
Markus