Not Satisfied with Gsoc 2013 Result

Anurag Kanungo anuragkanungo at gmail.com
Mon May 27 21:20:36 PDT 2013

Hi everyone ,

I have applied for Gsoc 2013 with a project of " Implementing an
about:config functionality  " , but i am not selected .

The problem is that you have selected a student for the same project and
student have submitted a very basic patch , which is just to replace
"compare" word to "==" in a file . Even a 10th grade student can do this
and i have submitted four patches .

Nor That Student was active much on the mailing list .

Once i submitted a similar basic patch and was talking with one of the
mentor , he said me that this patch won't be enough to qualify for Gsoc .

I am not able to understand how he can be selected as if he hasn't worked ,
this sounds unconvincing to me .

Please help

Selected student is

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN