[gsoc2013] Welcome & congrats!

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN efeyalaman at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:55:21 PDT 2013

Hi Efe,

> Hi,

first off, congrats for being accepted to LibreOffice GSoC 2013, we're
> happy to have you! :)
>
> Thank you. I am very happy and excited as well :)

> So now is the time to get a fresh master build, and start hacking. One
> part of this is clearly to gut the old options of too detailed stuff,
> the entry point to start is cui/source/options/*,
> cui/source/options/treeopt.cxx being the outer wrapper.

Thanks for the code pointers. I already have a build on my machine. I will
start hacking as soon as possible.

> We'd then stick some 'advanced' button there, that opens a dialog akin
> to firefox's about:config page, and lists options in a more
> unstructured way than the previous option tabpages. This is best done
> in C++ as well. ;)

We should discuss about UI. It is really important I think. I am trying to
draw a roadmap for the implementation. I will publish in a few day.

> Let's hash out the details on irc in the next days.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

Best Regards,

--