Master build failure on OSX 10.8 with 10.6 SDK in libwpftdrawlo

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed May 29 09:41:59 PDT 2013

On 05/29/2013 06:17 PM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Since about May 24th/25th, I have been getting build failures with
> master on OSX in libwpftdrawlo :
>

> [build LNK] Library/libwpftdrawlo.dylib
> [build CXX] scripting/source/basprov/baslibnode.cxx
> [build CXX] scripting/source/basprov/basmethnode.cxx
> [build CXX] scripting/source/basprov/basmodnode.cxx
> ld: warning: direct access in
> WPXSvInputStreamImpl::WPXSvInputStreamImpl(com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::io::XInputStream>)to
> global weak symbol vtable for WPXInputStreammeans the weak symbol cannot
> be overridden at runtime. This was likely caused by different
> translation units being compiled with different visibility settings.
> ld: warning: direct access in
> WPXSvInputStream::WPXSvInputStream(com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::io::XInputStream>)to
> global weak symbol vtable for WPXInputStreammeans the weak symbol cannot
> be overridden at runtime. This was likely caused by different
> translation units being compiled with different visibility settings.
> ld: fatal warning(s) induced error (-fatal_warnings)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: ***
> [/Users/Shared/Repos/LO/core/workdir/unxmacxi.pro/LinkTarget/Library/libwpftdrawlo.dylib]
> Error 1
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>

> A make clean, re-pull didn't solve the problem. Any ideas ?

That would be
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=65da24773fffea4e4bc81adfa265378064186488>
"Be more picky about Mac OS X linker warnings" (which I introduced after
fixing a similar warning with liborcus,
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=913ba61d008c6629272ba3df8d22dbff0e2dc4f9>
"Make liborcus -fvisibility setting consistent with LO one").

Odd that this doesn't show up with my build (on Mac OS X 10.7).  What
are the details of your build?

Anyway, you can just locally revert that -Wl,-fatal_warnings in
solenv/gbuild/platform/macosx.mk for now.  I'll have a look later to see
if I can reproduce your problem (and get a fix); otherwise, we'd
exercise "Feel free to revert if it causes trouble, though."

Stephan