Master build failure on OSX 10.8 with 10.6 SDK in libwpftdrawlo

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu May 30 01:20:00 PDT 2013

On 05/29/2013 09:06 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 05/29/2013 07:01 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> I build on OS X 10.8, but with the 10.7 SDK.
>
> I guess what makes the difference is that --with-macosx-sdk=10.7/8 uses
> Clang and HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY_FEATURE=FALSE, whereas
> --with-macsox-sdk=10.6 uses GCC and HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY_FEATURE=TRUE
> (I'd been under the false impression that we always
> HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY_FEATURE=FALSE on Mac OS X regardless).
>
> Started a hand-crafted --with-macosx-sdk=10.7 with GCC build here (as I
> don't have a 10.6 SDK around), lets see it break in some hours...

Nah, that starts to break with odd errors way before it reaches the
point of interest (and I have faint memories that such combinations did
not work well in the past).

Looking at what happens in a Linux build is that the WPXInputStream
vtable is contained in libwpftdrawlo.so (as non-exported symbol) and in
various libraries linked into libwpftdrawlo.so (like wpg and visio), but
those libraries are all only available in the form of static .a
archives, not dynamic .so libraries.

I doubt it, but could it be that this is different for that Mac build?

Alex, can you please provide the output of "ls solver/*/lib" from your
build?

Stephan