Problems compiling LO with Visual Studio 2008

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Fri Nov 1 10:36:26 CET 2013

Hi Thomas,

2013/10/31 Thomas Arnhold <thomas-libo at arnhold.org>

> Hi Jesús,
>
> ah sorry. I did it with the Windows 7 SDK and _WINNT_VERSION set to
> Windows XP. The problem is the missing SHARD_APPIDINFO definition.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-**us/library/windows/desktop/**
> dd378453(v=vs.85).aspx<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd378453(v=vs.85).aspx>
>
> Should we just define the hex value of it?

Yeah, just define SHARD_APPIDINFO. This should be easy and clean :)

We'll have to refactor quite a lot of code when we drop support for Windows
XP anyway, and then we can remove all those defines altogether.

Unfortunately to get some of the cool stuff in Windows 8 and 8.1 you need
to use a higher version. Windows 7 is the minimum you should use when
compiling LibreOffice on Windows if you want to distribute your build to
other users. We are quite conservative with this requisite but sometimes
you just have to do it ;)

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>