vcl / sfx expert sought for fdo#70703 [was: minutes of ESC call ...]

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Nov 8 04:50:49 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 04:34:31PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> * Base issue needs help (Lionel)
>     + help appreciated with: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/70703
>         + nominally a base issue - but trace in sfx2, sw, vcl etc.
>         + nice self contained test-case (no external db needed)
> AI:     + Java-free (Firebird?) reproduction case (Lionel)
> AI:     + valgrind trace (Lionel)

Also, it is a regression. It did not crash in 3.x.

So, I:

 - Extended the features of our firebird driver enough to support the
   reproduction case

 - Made a firebird (Java-free) reproduction case. Note that in my case
   some linguistic (Writer?) stuff wants to load Java anyway at
   startup, so I had to disable Java in the preferences (and refuse
   again to load it at the prompt at startup time) to make the run
   "truly" Java-free.

 - Made a valgrind trace. This confirms my suspicion that this is a
   "use after free()", and shows us the backtrace that did the free();
   however that backtrace is again completely within sfx2, vcl,
   ... again leaving me rather clueless.

Anybody feeling like they could be our hero?

--
Lionel