minutes of ESC call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 03:38:01 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/11/2013 12:07 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Note that both solenv/gbuild/com_{GCC,MSC}_class.mk already contain
>>> "-I$(dir
>>> $(3))" in their C/C++ compiler command lines, so will find include files
>>> next to the main C/C++ source file already even with the <...> syntax.
>
> [...]
>
>> 2/ some source include private headers, as expected using "", but they
>> themself include other private header using also "" and of course the
>> first private header can be included from different places in the
>> source tree... which measn that the -I$(dir $(3)) above is not going
>> to help.
>

> Can you point me to such a case in our code base where replacing "..." with
> <...> would break the build?

basctl/source/inc/basidesh.hxx:#include "../basicide/objdlg.hxx"

$ cat basctl/source/basicide/objdlg.hxx | grep include
#include "bastype2.hxx"
#include "bastypes.hxx"

git grep basidesh\.hxx
[...]
basctl/source/basicide/objdlg.cxx:#include "basidesh.hxx"
basctl/source/dlged/dlged.cxx:#include "basidesh.hxx"
[...]

Norbert