Alfresco summit report
cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue Nov 12 01:23:11 PST 2013
Here is a small summary of my presence at Alfresco Summit last week. I
attended this event as a speaker but it was also good to listen to some
of the CMIS-related talks.
* My session went pretty well. There wasn't a huge crowd in the room,
and it most of the attendees were LibreOffice users. We had quite some
time for questions. A few interesting ones were concerning SSO.
* The connection between that proprietary office suite and Alfresco was
a theme that appeared in two of the keynotes. Good to know that we are
ahead of them on that front.
* Went to all the companies having a booth there to tell them about
LibreOffice and CMIS. Gave them a few LibreOffice cards Jesus had home.
It was pretty interesting since quite a few of them weren't aware of the
* Talked to many persons including RedPill LinPro guys reporting CMIS
bugs and Alfresco developers.
* Mentioned the non-standard CMIS URLs to the CMIS guys at Alfresco.
Let's hope we'll find a way to get something done.
* Discussed the Alfresco Cloud OAuth2 key limitations we could
encounter with Jeff Potts, Luis Sala and others. I'll first need to
finish integrating that feature in LO.
* Discovered that Alfresco 4.2.e comes with a different binding URL to
support CMIS 1.1.
* Code side:
* Quite a lot of improvements in libcmis to handle properties
* Fixed the GDrive connection from LO.
Many thanks TDF for sponsoring me to go to this event.
More information about the LibreOffice