Doubt regarding expected failures in Make check for cppunit package

Rajesh rajesh at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 13 05:13:59 PST 2013

Hi,

This is regarding the package cppunit.  I am working on a new
architecture - ppc64le (powerpc 64-bit Little Endian) and I was looking
at building cppunit.  I  picked up the latest release tarball (
cppunit-1.13.2)  and built on our ppc64le environment.

While building, the make check fails with the following errors.

make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/rajesh/work/pkgs/cppunit/rel-tar/cppunit-1.13.2/examples/hierarchy'
..The following test fails, this is intended:
F..The following test fails, this is intended:
F.

!!!FAILURES!!!
Test Results:
Run:  5   Failures: 2   Errors: 0

1) test: BoardGameTest<BoardGame>::testResetShouldFail (F) line: 45
BoardGameTest.h
assertion failed
- Expression: !this->m_game->reset()

2) test: ChessTest<Chess>::testResetShouldFail (F) line: 45 BoardGameTest.h
assertion failed
- Expression: !this->m_game->reset()

I am not able to figure out if the error I am seeing above is an
expected failure or not.
The test says that it is intended, but still reported as !!!FAILURES!!!

Could you please confirm if this is an expected failure or not?