Merge enabled change tracking

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 07:11:57 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Peter Rakyta
<rakyta.peter at multiracio.hu> wrote:
> Dear Mail list subscribers!
>
> Recently the merge-enabled change tracking proposal (MCT) has been chosen as
> a prime orientation of change tracking developments in ODF documents by the
> OASIS ODF TC. MultiRacio Ltd. is developing an extension as a first
> implementation of the MCT proposal.
> Our company would like to share the results of the development with the
> developers of the office suite. We will be grateful for every idea, reported
> bug or other comment related to the extension.
> Notice, however, that the extension is still in experimental phase,
> containing many bugs and being unstable under numerous circumstances.
>
> The binaries of the extension and its documentation can be downloaded from
> the site below:
> http://itl88.elte.hu/~rakytap/EuroOffice_MCT.oxt
> http://itl88.elte.hu/~rakytap/MCT_extension.pdf

few remarks and question:

1/ the pdf indicate that your change's timestamp does not seems to
contain timezone information... are all these timestamp implicitely in
UTC ? or the spec does not anticipate collaboration across timezones ?

2/ digging in the oxt I found a license statement that says it is
gpl3+... so... where is the source ?

3/ looking for the source, I followed the crumb to EuroOffice2012...
which also claim to be open-source... yet I could not find the source
either...

Norbert