curl now with native SSL/TLS on Mac and WNT

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue Nov 19 00:03:19 PST 2013

Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for updating to 7.33.0 and providing a better integration
with system SSL implementation. I'm not sure curl delegates the
certificates database handling completely as there is a configure option
to build it with a CA bundle. So these would need to be tested on
windows and macos builds before advertising.

The good thing I saw this morning is that Curl guys implemented the
CURLINFO_CERTINFO for NSS... after 7.33.0. The patch is here:
https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/f6c335d63f2da025a0a3efde1fe59e3bb7189b70

So I'll try to backport this patch on our internal curl: that would
solve the original problem and we'll at least be able to tell the users
when we have some SSL certificate problem.

Regards,
--
Cedric