LO-4.0.6 with Visual Studio 2012: Windows XP Compatibiliy problem

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 03:25:12 PST 2013

On 21/11/13 12:00, Dali wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I had a successful build of LibreOffice-4.0.6. Here is my conf:
> - Build Environment: Windows 7 (64 bits)
> - Microsoft Visual Studio version: 2012 update 4
> -Autogen.lastrun:

[...]

> --with-windows-sdk-home=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1
>
> I can install the msi result on Windows 7 and it works fine. I can also
> install it successfully on *Windows XP* but i have this message when i try
> to run LibreOffice:
> -"..*soffice.exe is not a valid Win32 program*" => It doesn't work
>
> I really need and appreciate your help to fix this problem on Windows XP
> !!!!

on the libreoffice-4-1 and master branches you can fix this with the
configure switch --with-windows-sdk=7.0A ... but that does not work on
libreoffice-4-0 branch; there is a --with-windows-sdk-home switch.... oh
you're already using that one.

sorry, no idea why that doesn't work - MSVC2012 support was still
experimental in those days anyway.