About Clang headers on Debian

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Oct 1 23:14:10 PDT 2013

> On pc Debian x86-64 testing updated today, I tried to build with clang.
> But I got this warning after autogen.sh
> Cannot find Clang headers to build compiler plugins, plugins disabled

That is just a warning. Using the Clang plugin is very much optional.
Don't worry.

(But sure, if you can figure out what package to install to get the
Clang API, then you will be able to build our Clang plugin and you
will get warnings about your code in some more cases if you (or
somebody else) introduces dubious things.

--tml