draw a graphic::XGraphic on a rendering::XCanvas ?

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Thu Oct 3 14:42:18 PDT 2013

Caolan McNamara wrote:
> So I have a graphic::XGraphic and I want to draw it onto a
> rendering::XCanvas. How do I do that?
>
> I mean, XCanvas has a drawBitmap which takes a rendering::XBitmap but
> it's not clear to me how to get from graphic::XGraphic to
> rendering::XBitmap or if that's even the right approach.

Well, XGraphic can contain other things but bitmaps. Bitmaps are
easy, vcl bitmaps convert trivially to rendering::XBitmaps.

> Alternatively, if I have a
> drawinglayer::primitive2d::Primitive2DSequence can I relatively easily
> draw that on a cppcanvas::CanvasSharedPtr ?

There was (before it got killed by dead code hunters) a prototype
XCanvas renderer for Primitives in drawinglayer. Resurrecting that and
making it basically useful should not be prohibitive. If that is an
option, feel free to poke me on Monday, I might be able to lend a
helping hand.

HTH,

-- Thorsten