Avmedia/VLC

Minh Ngo nlminhtl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 00:49:23 PDT 2013

Hi guys,

I have few questions about Avmedia/VLC and what we are going to have in the
final.

If you will look into the VLC web page [1], you could conclude that a main
part of VLC users will choose 32-bit version of the VLC Player (because a
download button for this one is bigger :) ).

So there will be 4 possible options: LO x86_64, VLC x86_64; LO 32, VLC 32;
LO 64, VLC 32, LO 32, VLC 64. And my solution will work only for 2 of
them... Is it ok?

Also there are some problems with reading media files.
libvlc_video_get_track_count returns -1 for one media file that is played
successfully on the VLC player. The last error is "No active input". Debug
logs is here [2]. I have fixed an error with ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR by
adding flags "--demux ffmpeg", but it doesn't help with video inputs.

Could you help me with that?

Kind Regards,

Minh

[1] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html