About Clang headers on Debian

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 7 14:46:13 PDT 2013

Hi Stephan,

I'm trying to build clang from svn trunk to give a try to MemorySanitizer.
So I followed, http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html
but I don't know what to put in my autogen.input
Either I get this:
* WARNING : Cannot find Clang headers to build compiler plugins, plugins
disabled
or I get this:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/julien/llvm-svn/build/bin/clang',
needed by
`/home/julien/compile-libreoffice/libo_clang/compilerplugins/obj/clang-timestamp'.
Stop

Here's the end of my autogen.input when I get last message:
CLANGBUILD=/home/julien/llvm-svn/build
CLANGDIR=/home/julien/llvm-svn/llvm
CC=/home/julien/llvm-svn/build/Debug+Asserts/bin/clang
CXX=/home/julien/llvm-svn/build/Debug+Asserts/bin/clang++

Then if it had worked, I wanted to try this:

CFLAGS="-fsanitize=memory -fsanitize-memory-track-origins
-fno-omit-frame-pointer -g -O2' CXXFLAGS='-fsanitize=memory
-fsanitize-memory-track-origins -fno-omit-frame-pointer -g -O2' make
as I read here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Compiler_flags

Julien