slideshow / canvas rework (was: Re: draw a graphic::XGraphic on a rendering::XCanvas ?)

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Oct 14 09:59:38 PDT 2013

I wrote:
> Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > Does seem a bit odd that we seem to have so much parallel stacks of
> > drawing infrastructures.
> >
> Yeah. Let me see to get some convergence started; next week is
> HackWeek here at SUSE. ;)

So. Branch feature/slideshowprimitives has a ~working canvas primitive
renderer (with a number of obvious optimization points, and one
glaringly inefficient bitmap blending place that needs moving into
XCanvas). As for parallel stacks, cppcanvas looks like a worthy target
for the next technical debt payoff craze.

Again, feature/slideshowprimitives has a go at it, via converting
slideshow over to drawinglayer primitives (in-progress, non-building
state on my disk currently). Once that's done, there's only one
valuable piece left in cppcanvas, which is the emf+ renderer - that
would need someone willing to dabble in primitives to adopt & convert
over (in much the same way the svg import is implemented now).

With that out of the way, some 8+ kloc of code could go.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten