ATTENTION, creators of mysql-connector-ooo.oxt (--enable-ext-mariadb-connector)

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 15:36:19 CEST 2013

Le 20/10/2013 13:29, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

Hi Lionel,

The problem was solved after a spell in package dependency hell - thanks
to the packages provided by the MariaDB project :-/

I had removed all of the Ubuntu mysql packages and replaced them with
the "equivalent" MariaDB DEB packages from the repo that the MariaDB
project provides. However, the two library sets are not the same, and
MariaDB's libmariadbclient (including libmysqlclient18 virtual package
placeholder) and libmariadb-dev packages are not the same so, when one
tries to remove them, all hell breaks loose.

After much gnashing of teeth, forcibly removing of spurious
configuration files and debian flag files, I managed to reinstall
Ubuntu's 13.04 mysql packages. My build is now once again progressing
with the switches you provided, but I'm staying away from MariaDB until
that mess gets sorted out.

Alex