cppunit framework

José Guilherme Vanz vanz at libreoffice.org
Tue Oct 22 21:45:50 CEST 2013

Ok. Thank you for explanation. :-)
On Oct 22, 2013 5:41 AM, "Markus Mohrhard" <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com>
wrote:

Hey,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 06:20:01PM -0200, José Guilherme Vanz <
> vanz at libreoffice.org> wrote:
> > has libo its own cppunit? I was thinking that it uses the old project of
> > cppunit in the sourceforge.com
>
> Markus knows the details, but in short the new upstream is on
> freedesktop.org. So no, this is not "our" cppunit, even Debian plans to
> package from this tree, etc.
>
> OTOH yes, we can build our own cppunit during the build of LO, which is
> useful if the system cppunit is not built using debug STL, and LO is,
> for example.

So more or less we are upstream now. Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu (as Debian's
downstream), Arch Linux, some BSD versions, ... already switched. We
already maintained a number of patches that were not included into the
upstream builds and fixed another set of problems since then.

I explored different testing frameworks when we faced the decision whether
to "fork" cppunit or switch to a different testing framework and decided
that it is better to stay with cppunit. It is mature and well tested and
except for a few nice to have features more or less what we need.
Additionally switching testing frameworks requires to rewrite quite a large
piece of our code base that is better spend improving the existing tests.

Regards,
Markus