HttpClient -> HttpComponents

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Oct 28 13:12:56 CET 2013

[looks like this was accidentally sent only to me, adding list in CC:]

On 27/10/13 09:41, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
> Michael, julien
>
> Having a proper working http connection tool would be a advantage, for
> working with external calendar' translators like  Google API stuff we
> need a Http connection tool.

that is a valid point but currently we don't make a HTTP UNO API
available based on commons-httpclient so removing it has no impact there.

we also bundle various C++ libraries like curl and neon that should make
a better basis for a HTTP API if somebody wanted to implement that.

> For now i use a Window COM object
> CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") to make constructions like below.

guess there is no better workaround for BASIC programmers currently;
presumably Python and Java and CLR have HTTP libraries easily available.