tinderbox <-> gerrit-buildbot integration: passing build specific configuration options

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 23:40:28 CET 2013

On Mon Oct 28 08:44:27 CET 2013 David Ostrovsky wrote:

>I wonder how hard would it be to accept configure options during build
>scheduling? With new upcoming major Gerrit release 2.8 the Plugin API
>was extended, so we could add a Schedule button and even a popup dialog
>and gather additional user input, like optional platforms to build and
>optional configuration option to activate during the build. In example
>above, the following option could be passed:
>
>--enable-extension-integration
>--enable-ext-wiki-publisher

So gerrit-buildbot plugin was extended. New Gerrit change screen has now
Schedule button. When activated, a popup dialog appears, where custom
build options and even optional platforms can be specified [1].

The build scheduled in this way exposes the passed option(s) to engaged
tinderboxes:

davido at wizball:~>ssh gerrit buildbot get -p test_project [...]
GERRIT_TICKET=3667585db_Linux
[...]
GERRIT_OPT='--enable-extension-integration --enable-ext-wiki-publisher'

The only missing part is on tinderbox side to pick up the options and
pass them to the build.

[1] http://imgur.com/3CKw0H4

--David