subject: build warnings: ... unsigned only in ISO C90

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon Sep 2 09:34:21 PDT 2013

In recent builds there have been several instances of a message
"warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90".  The
warnings were abzent from master fetched 2013-08-19, but master fetched
2013-08-28 had 873 instances.

I have looked at a couple of examples.  In each case, an .idl file
declares a negative value for a member of an enumeration, but the .hdl
or .hpp file has a 10-digit string representing the same pattern of
bits.  The lines with the negative numbers in the .idl's have not been
changed for several years; I assume that something has changed in the
tooling that generates the .hdl's and .hpp's.

Is this a concern?  I presume it would make it impossible to build
with warnings-as-errors.

Terry.