dbaccess::ODatabaseContext cleaning its cache "too late"?

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sat Sep 7 00:46:28 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:57:06AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 08/16/2013 03:46 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 02:55:35PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

>>> No real insight into any of this, but would it make sense to rely on
>>> some explicit "commit" stimulus to do that committing, instead of
>>> doing it upon "dispose"

>> I don't understand what "commit stimulus" is.

> I was thinking of some "close" function (analogous to how, say, a
> Java class representing a file should have an explicit close()
> method rather than relying on a finalizer).

It seems the shutdown of ODatabaseContext at "dispose" time creates
other problems... E.g. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/69036

So I tried to look into this, and using a "close" that would be called
earlier makes sense to me, but in the context of application shutdown,
I don't see *who* would call it when :-| I'm a bit stuck there.

--
Lionel