OpenOffice and AppData files

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 02:07:25 PDT 2013

Hi all. I'm the developer for PackageKit and gnome-software. The
community has already written a set of LibreOffice AppData files for
Fedora, would you be interested to including them upstream? This will
allow us to "feature" LibreOffice on the front page in the future.

See http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/ for more details
about AppStream and AppData. So far hundred of upstream projects have
included AppData files in their tarballs.

The files are here:
https://raw.github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/libreoffice-writer.appdata.xml
https://raw.github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/libreoffice-base.appdata.xml
https://raw.github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/libreoffice-calc.appdata.xml
https://raw.github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/libreoffice-draw.appdata.xml
https://raw.github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/libreoffice-impress.appdata.xml

But I'm sure these need checking and perhaps needs some more filling
in. If you've got any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Richard.