dbaccess::ODatabaseContext cleaning its cache "too late"?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 03:35:15 PDT 2013

On 09/10/2013 06:40 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 03:35:22PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> But wouldn't every "database context" be tied to some open window,
>
> I don't see why that would be

That's why I phrased my sentence as a question---or at least tried to.

> In the context of https://bugs.freedesktop.org/69036, I would like to
> see who holds a reference to the DatabaseContext that gets closed. It
> is my understanding that (because we have reference-counting garbage
> collection), dispose() should actually be called as soon as nobody
> holds a reference to it anymore (unless we have a reference cycle).

First, note that we don't have reference-counting garbage collection in
general in UNO.  For example, Java-UNO doesn't use reference-counting.

Second, note that there needs to be code (the "owner" in the jargon of
the udkapi/com/sun/star/lang/XComponent.idl documentation) that
explicitly calls dispose on a UNO object.  It is not magically called
when a UNO object becomes unreachable.

Stephan