doxygen API doc: list of uses?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 08:15:57 PDT 2013

On 10/09/13 15:55, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 11:56:07PM +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
>
>> I updated api.libreoffice.org from master.
>
> We seem to have lost the feature of e.g.
>  http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/util/Date-xref.html
> that is the list of all the places in the API where this type is used.

well i though that stuff is more easily found with "git grep" anyway so
didn't bother to invest any time in that.

> The "references in the Developer's guide" of this section were
> interesting, too.

ah so that's where the "REF:" stuff in idl_chapter_refs.txt ends up!  i
always wondered but somehow managed to miss that.  currently only the
TOPIC: lines from idl_chapter_refs.txt are extracted via wikilinks.py;
it would be quite easy to extract the REF: lines too if you are interested.

> I don't find that feature in the Doxygen output. Is it just my
> blindness or have we "voluntarily" regressed here?

personally i think the inheritance graphs from Doxygen are a lot more
useful than the "Uses" pages from autodoc.