[GSoC]: Sidebar updates

Prashant Pandey prashant3.yishu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 10:58:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

Since my last update, I had great progress wherein I could manage to solve
four significantly pertaining issues, all of them related with the
'Sidebar' - that needed attention in some point of time !

1. Correcting anomalous mouse behaviour while resizing. Although I pushed
its corresponding patch to gerrit last weekend but it still consumed some
amount of time in making the patch more 'efficient' and better this week.
Changes are pushed here [1]
2. Fix the vague behaviour of color fill toolbox in 'Draw', pushed to
gerrit [2] - still open for review (pushed to gerrit)
3. Show default line-color in 'Draw' [3] - still open for review (pushed to
gerrit)
4. Currently, I am after a task that fixes the alignment-problem with
'TabBar' and 'Deck' when the Sidebar is set towards left/right side of the
window screen - personally I'm loving debugging this one :-)

The details and explanations of 1, 2 and 3 above can be found on the gerrit
link itself.

Since for a GSoC student, 16th September would be a soft pencils-down date,
I'd be utilizing this last (upcoming) week in completing my current working
task [most probably by Tuesday, 17th Sept] & making all these open patches
tending more towards perfect/efficient/better if needed, so that they are
pushed + time permitting I'd revert to some minor issue related with my
work in [4].

[1]:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=16ea2dc1f572d698923c770a2a58f7ab402d1298
[2]: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/5930