GSOC - last VLC bits ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon Sep 16 02:47:21 PDT 2013

Hi Minh,

	First - thanks for all the fixes :-)

On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 22:47 +0300, Minh Ngo wrote:
> >         + audio during keyframe capture
> >         + intermittent play in a separate window
>
> Generally fixed. How could I manipulate with a video (stop/play) in
> the full screen mode?

	Great; so from our IRC conversation, here are the remaining bugs /
issues that I can see:

	+ video scaling
		+ you've implemented the hard-coded 50% / 100% / 200%
		  zooming nicely; but we need 'scaling' (IMHO this
		  should be the default)
		+ be more ideal to have a black vs. a grey background
		  too where the video is smaller than the window,

		http://www.gnome.org/~michael/vlc1.png

	+ mis-placing windows on F9 presentation
		+ I load flying-boy.odp and get a grey window
		  mis-aligned with the video:

		http://www.gnome.org/~michael/vlc1.png

		  which is odd, drawing a rectangle around the scaled
		  video and then hitting presenting mode shows:

		http://www.gnome.org/~michael/vlc3.png

		  seems like the video is correctly positioned, albeit
		  not scaled (cf. above) but that other X window is
		  mis-positioned.

	+ Projecting video
		Of course the primary use of video is to project it.
		Unfortunately, we're not getting the display / screen
		right for the multi-head presentation mode: ie. plug a
		VGA into your laptop, and don't clone the monitors:

		http://www.gnome.org/~michael/vlc4.png

		In theory we should have two concurrent displays of the
		video, one on each screen (when that is requested),
		although having just one on the presentation screen is
		fine too.

	Otherwise, this starts to look & behave quite well :-) naturally this
needs testing on Windows too (which is the primary platform for this),
but this is encouraging progress.

	Thanks Minh !

		Michael.

--