LibreOffice problems

smbhatt smbhatt at amul.coop
Fri Sep 13 23:18:50 PDT 2013

Dear Sir,
 We have started using LibreOffice 4.1.1 suite and have encountered
several problems. Please help.
 1. If we open Email attachment (.xls file) directly in Libre Calc
(through file association) it will open as read only. While the same if
opened in MS Excel it opens to a temp folder from where it can be 'Save
As' to folder of choice and the file in temp is deleted. In Librecalc, I
first have to 'Save As' to a folder, open it through Win Explorer.
 2. Filter: Filter By colour not supported.
 3. Print Quality is different in MS Excel Vs Libre Office.
 4. 'Page No' By default display in print page and there is no option to
not display by default. For each sheet you have to set the footer
manually.
 5. Problem when we open MS Excel file with cell borders to LibreCalc.
6. In Writer the page formatting (where there are graphics, tables etc.)
made in Word, gets lost along with the contents and entire Word document
gets disturbed. Very poor quality of document is available.   7. In
Impress same problem as 6 happens. Titles gets heavily disturbed
(misplaced), Simple graphics (which has no relevance to slide format) like
small images gets lost and so does the text, also the text colour changes.
A suggestion is  that id the font is not supported, atleast display the
windows default or the default font could be set in 'Options').
 We are grateful for providing such valuable Office Suite but it appears
that LibreOffice is more suitable only for replacing MS Excel and other
Suite products cannot be used as they loose valuable information in
conversion.
Please reply to the above email id.
 Thanks and Regards

Er. Shirish M Bhatt
Dy. Manager, HO-ISD
Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.
Amul Dairy Road P B No.10,
Anand 388 001, Gujarat, India
Phone: +91-2692-221261(O), 93750-32277(M)
to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressees)and
may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged  information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email.  Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of this message and any attachments. Opinions, conclusions, and
other information in this message that  do not relate to the official
business of GCMMF Ltd. shall be understood to be neither given nor
endorsed by GCMMF Ltd.

The company accepts no  liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.

GO GREEN: Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.