HSQLDB / Unit tests

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 07:03:31 PDT 2013

On 09/23/2013 03:32 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 23/09/13 15:22, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> The ideal with the recent move to instdir would of course be to run
>> CppunitTests against instdir (as the---premature?---move of
>> cppunittester to instdir manifests).
>
> the only reason why that (and a bunch of test libraries) is in instdir
> is the LibreOffice_Test installation set actually packages it.  i don't
> know if anybody needs that.

I'd thought we'd come to the conclusion on IRC to remove LibreOffice_Test:

> Sep 19 11:34:23 <pmladek> mst__, sberg: I have created the LibreOffice_Test package for one QA guy. He does not longer work on LO. I am not sure if anyone else started to use it. So, I think that it can be killed.

>> Yet another caveat is that those CppunitTests can run against varyingly
>> "filled" instdirs, and thus behave subtly differently should they ever
>> start to pick up the various bootstrap variables defined across instdir
>> (which reference stuff in instdir that might or might not yet be there).
>
> how is that different from running against a partially filled solver?

The "start to pick up the various bootstrap variables defined [in
ini-files] across instdir" is the part that makes it different (as most
of those ini filese were either not present at all in solver, or present
in a form specifically suited for built-time use).

Stephan