Extensions no longer registered in master Linux 32bit

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 10:56:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 09:48:33AM +0200, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason, extensions no longer appear to be registered as
> components since the switch to instdir.
>
> If I open Tools > Extensions, the Extension Manager shows an empty window.
>
> Running unopkg.bin from instdir also indicates that no extensions
> are registered.
>
> However, I see them in
> solver/unxlngi6.pro/bin/
>
> and also some of them in
> workdir/unxlngi6.pro/Extension

Extensions are created as .oxt archives during build. They must be
unpacked into the installation tree; the old installer handled this
through the infamous ARCHIVE flag in scp2, but gbuild does not do that.
When we replaced ARCHIVE by FILELIST half a year ago, I briefly
considered updating the extension handling stuff too, but it would have
been a nontrivial change with a high probability of regressions for a
minimal gain, so I decided not to.

Anyway, there is just 2-3 of them, so you can unpack them by hand if you
really need them (that was necessary in the dev-install times too, for
rebuilds, so there is no big change).

D.