Contribution to Impress media controls

moy Matthieu.Moy at grenoble-inp.fr
Wed Apr 2 02:08:16 PDT 2014

(I'm a colleague of Remi, participating in the project where students
contribute to open source projects)

Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:

> Maybe it would be the best if the students address the whole
> development community (on IRC for simple questions or mailing list for
> more complex questions).

My experience is that having a mentor greatly helps students. Of course,
interaction with the rest of the community is still encouraged, but it's
hard for inexperienced students to find their way in a large community
without individual help.

You may see our school project like a mini-Google summer of code. GSoC
mentors do not replace the community, but they are definitely very helpful.

--
Matthieu Moy
http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/