[PUSHED] fdo#43157 : clean up OSL_POSTCOND

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 05:32:05 PDT 2014

On 04/03/2014 02:16 PM, Michaël Lefèvre wrote:
> While submitting https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/8630  Stephen Bergmann
> accepted to keep OSL_TRACE because I'm patching C file.
> Is there any rules as of using SAL_... for C++ code, and OSL_... for C
> code ?

There's generally no good reason to have C code in our code base at all,
so the best approach IMO is to first convert a "problematic" C file to
CXX and then modify it.  (Incidentally, I happened to do exactly that to
sal/osl/unx/security.c post <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/8630>
"fdo#56284 : soffice fails to start unless ~/.config exists and is
writable" with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=d37e9645edbdabaaf16ce0f1f904405f3477dc41>
"sal/osl/unx/security.c -> .cxx" and
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6cd87e5ee27af05cf54ba56d06f519a8f7138e8a>
"coverity#1194930 Avoid TOCTOU between access and mkdir.")

Stephan