Getting started, need to learn

Tom Meinen tom_owen at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 04:45:13 PDT 2014

Thanks for the heads up.  It looks like I'll be learning C++ then.  I actually originally intended to learn C++ along with VB for those times when VB was not enough to accomplish what I wanted, but that never happened.  I'm off to search for a good Linux-based C++ IDE.  In Windows I had the Microsoft one and the Borland C++ Builder.

I imagine a lot of standalone Linux apps are written in C++ and hence I don't really need to also learn Python?  I'm talking about the programming I intend to do besides my LO Writer hacks.

Therapy is expensive.  Poppin' bubble wrap is cheap.  Your choice.
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:36 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:47:58AM -0700, Tom Meinen <tom_owen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What programming language do I need to learn to accomplish this?

Most of LibreOffice is in C++.

Miklos