[GSOC] Tiled Rendering, ahunt, Weekly Report 11 / WK31

Andrzej Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Mon Aug 4 04:06:58 PDT 2014

Hi All,

* Added part names -- Calc and Impress.
* Added part mode (slide/notes/combined selection) -- Impress only for
   now.
** Can't select just notes yet (i.e. only the combined view as in
    Impress where a portrait page with slide + notes is availbale):
    would involve a fair bit of digging in Impress to implement
    (hard to estimate how long this would take...).
*** --> Not sure this even makes any sense, as the notes page can
     include content outside the "notes" area -- being able to render
     just the notes area (textbox?) might make sense but presumably any
     images in this area would then be ignored? Alternatively we could
     render just the portion of the notes page where the notes area is
     (i.e. this would include other images/objects).
** Screenshot of the current notes page rendering (i.e. the combined
    mode) is attached.

* Started digging into Embedded Object selection
** Not sure whether we want to be able to select the embedded objects
    per document (globally) or per current part (slide/sheet), the
    latter seems somewhat more natural, especially if we are to return
    positions of the embedded objects within the overall "part".
    (The initial version of setPartMode has an EmbeddedObjectMode -- i.e.
     this would correspond to the per-document object selection, but
     instead I think we should probably for the following per-part
     methods:
    (i.e. handle the objects for the current part):
    * getEmbeddedObjects() (and related getEmbeddedObjectName/
      getEmbeddedObjectPosition methods).
    * paintEmbeddedObjectToTile(....) or similar method.

* Some osl_areCommandArgsSet related cleanup -- not complete yet.

* Tests and general API:
** Tests for retrieval of part numbers, names, and document loading
    failure implemented.
** We can't restart LOK multiple times within one fixture, hence we run
    everything as part of the same test.
** We don't actually have any good form of feedback for document loading
    failures -- getError gives a more human readable form, which isn't
    really useful as part of the LOK API -> we should maybe add
    something here?

* Debugged unit test segfaults:
** fixed: shutdown conficts: glibc trying to cleanup with soffice_main
    thread still running:
*** LOK shutdown now calls Application::Quit and then joins the
     soffice_main thread.

* GtkTiledViewer:
** Added part name display
** Added partmode selection.

* Killing the LOK static library:
** Some minor improvements:
*** Don't use LINUX/AIX LO-only defines, instead use standard defines.
*** And killed the reliance on sal headers -- we want to be as
     independent of LO as possible here.
** -> now merged.
** Instead of building and linking the static library, one simply has to
    include LibreOfficeInit.h, everything else remains unchanged.

	Cheers,
		Andrzej