MAC OS: 4.3.0.4 Info.plist version confusion

Markus Jansen markus.jansen at plainpicture.de
Tue Aug 5 03:19:16 PDT 2014

Hi there,
hope writing to the right mailing list; I wrote to the users list, where I was told to ask my question here before filling out a bug report:

I just wanted to check out the new libreOffice with a Mac and found out that in the Info.plist - file the key "CFBundleShortVersionString" is
4.3.4 in contrast to the "CFBundleGetInfoString" which is 4.3.0.4 (see the third digit: zero).

Why is this? Just to shorten the version string to 3 digits? And if a future long version will be 4.3.1.3, will the short one be 4.3.1, which is smaller than the older one (4.3.4)? Such things makes automatic software deployment under Mac OS even harder.

But first of all, thanks so much for your great work on libreOffice, i use it excessively and i love it.
Markus