v4.3.0.4 not working on SSE1 CPUs anymore

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Aug 8 12:25:52 PDT 2014

On 08/08/14 12:55, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> What compelling reason is there to run the lastest version of a
> software on such old architecture ? and even more to the point, what
> compelling reason is there to slow down everybody else for that.

Maybe there's still a reasonable number of such systems about? It was a
pretty decent XP system. I only retired my K7 thunderbird about a year
ago, because I was given a newer "ancient" system to replace it.

Maybe the OP should switch that system to gentoo :-) and compile LO
himself - although the build will be pretty slow - or he could
investigate - iirc - Sabayon. Hopefully that still has K7 builds...

(Or is it a lot of effort to maintain a SSE build for old systems on the
website? I'm not offering ...)

I know we can't keep supporting old stuff for ever, but I've got 80s-era
software I would still like to run, and I know of people who can't
afford to replace aging computers...

Cheers,
Wol