Problems with extension development and templates

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 04:31:24 PDT 2014

On 08/08/2014 04:12 PM, Andreas Heinlein wrote:
> We've been using for some time now an extension to deploy some settings
> and templates to our users, which are now using LO 4.2.5.4 and 4.3.0.4
> under Ubuntu (from the Ubuntu LibreOffice PPA). This works just fine.
> Now some users need this extension under Windows, and surprisingly, it
> doesn't work, under the same versions of LO.
>
> The extensions includes some templates, adds the directory containing
> them to the list of template directories and sets one of the templates
> as the default template. Under Ubuntu, the default template is used and
> the template directory shows up in the template selector. Under Windows,
> the template directory does not show up and when trying to create a new
> blank writer document, LO complains that the default template
> "...\Standard.ott" is defective and needs to be repaired. Repairing it
> is not successful. The very same template can be opened manually just
> fine (from the same location where the extension installs it,
> C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\tmp.XYZ\opendocument\Textdokumente\Standard.ott).
>
> All other aspects of the extension work as expected, i.e. custom
> settings and AutoText.
>
> I am attaching what I think are the relevant parts from the extension.
> Maybe someone has an idea what is wrong here.
[...]
>    <prop oor:name="FirstStartWizardCompleted" oor:type="xs:boolean">
>      <value>true</value>
>    </prop>

One thing to note is that the deprecated FirstStartWizardCompleted
property got removed quite a while ago.  But that would not explain the
problem you describe---an unknown property in an extension .xcu file
should just silently be ignored IIRC.

I would suggest you file a bug with a minimal yet complete extension for
reproduction (and report back the bug ID here).

Stephan