Performance samples for LibreOffice ...

Jan Hubicka hubicka at ucw.cz
Fri Aug 22 09:10:33 PDT 2014

> Hi Matus,
>
> 	Any chance you can fix / commit this one ? :-)
>
> 	Jan - wow - that is a nice error =) are there any other ODR issues ?
> they habitually bite us hard so ... great to get libmerged debugged even
> more. CC'ing the list too.

I have patch in way for type & virtual tables ODR checking (the problem is that
it requires us to stream mangled type names to establish ODR equivalency at
link time. This adds extra 2% of streaming that I need to justify).  Current
mainline (I used for my test) reports ODR violation only for types with virtual
tables.  I will check if I notice more and will try to run it with full ODR
checking enabled.

I also want to add a way to dump the translation unit, because often these are
caused by different #defines or by -funsigned-char/-fsigned-char differences.
In those cases the erros output are quite puzzling ;)

Honza