[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: 2 commits - desktop/source reportdesign/source

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 01:02:11 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 12:00:07PM +0100, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> not really.... but presumably OOO_DISABLE_RECOVERY should just disable
> the recovery dialog?  what i don't understand is, why does LO open a new
> writer document if you don't restore the session.

Sure, but with your commit, you also do a doRestore() call, which
restores the document. If there is nothing to restore, this may prevent
the empty writer document, but if there is something to restore, this
will restore the document, and that's quite annoying.

Second scenario: let's say you opened foo.odt, killed soffice.bin, and
now you would open bar.odt. After your change, *both* documents will be
opened, which is again surprising, as only one document was specified in
the commandline.

If we have to choose between an empty Writer document in case there is
nothing to restore and unwanted document imports, I would choose the
previous. ;-) I would say if the empty Writer document is annoying for
you, then please fix it without calling doRestore() when
OOO_DISABLE_RECOVERY is set.