Gerrit supports inline edit feature now

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 02:55:35 PST 2014

Hey,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen <
bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:19:08AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > -     // that sounds like a stupid idea
> > +     // actually this is really cool for small changes
> >
> >       Also - we have various solutions to allow central compilation
> coming -
> > right.
> >
> >       ;-)
>
> Yes, inline editing is an important and cool thing. If our workflow cant
> handle
> that, we need to adapt it (e.g. more, earlier CI and unittests) not the
> other
> way around. ;)

It is not that easy. This feature shifts some of the work from the
developer to the reviewer. IMHO our reviewers are already one of the
weakest link in our development process as reviewing is normally only done
by the people who have been working on the code for a long time and know
the code quite well.

I'd like to see solutions that shift work from these people and make it
easier for new reviewers to come in and not make their job more complex and
more demanding.

Regards,
Markus